Friday, April 27, 2012

Last but certainly not least...#4: Dublin

I will keep this extra short and sweet since I only spent 1 full day and 1 night in Dublin, Ireland. I'm not going to lie...but at first I had no interest in going to Dublin. I had stereotyped it to be a very green, pasture-like city with nothing to do. BOY WAS I WRONG! Dublin was a very busy, NORMAL city. The people were friendly and spoke English. It was really nice to hear English. I automatically thought I was in the U.S. The girls and I went to the Guinness Storehouse. We learned how to properly pour a Guinness, which was really neat! I really enjoyed the Guinness beer, not super bitter or strong.
Afterwards, we decided it would be really neat to ride a carriage back to Grafton St, the main street.
Grafton Street was full of people! The street was very busy with street performers, tourists, and locals. It was a fun street to people watch and window shop at. We walked around and went to Trinity College, the largest university in Dublin. Trinity College has been around for over 400 years! The buildings on the campus were beautiful, reminded me of a mini VT. The grass in the campus was well-kept and super green. You don't find grass in Florence, so I was so excited to see the plush grass. LOL. Oh the little things....
The last and most adventurous thing I did during spring break was get a fish pedicure. Ever heard of one? It's very popular medical treatment in Turkey! Essentially, Fish without teeth, nibble on your dead skin. Alli and I figured we would try it out, since our feet were exhausted from all the walking we did during our SB trips. The feeling, is indescribable. A combination of ticklish, refreshing, pain-free, and weird! Lucky for me, I made a new friend during my experience...she was this 8 year old Italian girl...I asked her to hold my hand! Hahaha...
The trip to Dublin was perfect. By the end of it, we were ready to be back in Florence. Firenze is our home, and while we are away, we miss it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment