Friday, February 17, 2012

Piazza Michelangelo

Ciao!
Today I went to the chocolate festival (second day in a row) with Josephine and we just walked around, trying to pick what kind of chocolate to buy from the many vendors. The festival is at Piazza Republica and will be there for 2 more days! (YES!)
I ended up getting these 3 pieces: Caffe, Cinnamon, and Hazelnut. My go-to flavors. Also bought a fudge-like "black and white" block and a dark chocolate with hazelnut bar.


Chocolate iPhones



Then Alli, Josephine and I decided to throw on some sneakers and go to the Piazza Michelangelo. This place is supposed to be one of the best spots to capture a panoramic view of Florence! Yup, people were right! We climbed many, many stairs to get to the top. Once we got there, it was breathtaking! It was a better view, than the one from the Duomo. Take a look!





After all that, we went back home to chill out and get ready for dinner. We tried out another aperitivo at Oibo. It's so nice getting a chilled glass of white wine and eating a variety of foods for only 8 Euro! We topped the night off with gelato at Gelateria dei Neri! I've heard such great things about this place and it being everyone's favorite. It has become my new fave too! :)
I got a cookies n cream and a ricotta n fig gelato. The cookies n cream is my all time fave at home with the oreos...however, cookies here are more "biscotti" like and have a sweet cookie dough taste to it.



The weather has been warming up here...hitting the low 50s. I'm hoping it keeps getting warmer so I can no longer wear gloves and a jacket!
Tomorrow, the three of us plan to go to Boboli gardens and go to the Uffizi art museum! Also eat at one of our favorites Gusta Pizza.

I think that's all for now. CIAO TUTTI! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment